Dr. Nazatul Sabariah Ahmad -
Phone: 03-4289 ext:1134
- DDS (UK Malaysia)
- DDent (Paediatric Dentistry) (London)
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Diagnostic & Imaging
- Research Methodology
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Dental Development
- Enamel Opacities
- Dental development timing of permanent teeth using radiographs and Cone-Beam Ct Scan (CBCT) in Malaysian population. MOHE Exploratory Research Grant Scheme (ERGS) 2012 – Lead researcher : Ongoing. Grant Amount: RM 100 000
- Prevalence of Molar-Incisor Hypomineralization (MIH) in Malaysian Population and knowledge of general dental practitioner (GDP) in diagnosing MIH and patient management. MOHE Research Acculturation Grant Scheme (RAGS) 2012 – Lead researcher :Ongoing. Grant amount: RM 45 000
- Automated detection and classification of tooth development stages (TDS) images using topology segmentation and neural network. USIM-T Grant Phase 2, 2013 – Co-researcher: Ongoing. Grant amount: RM 100 000.
- Supernumerary teeth in paediatric patients – Frequency and problems. USIM Short term grant scheme -2013 – Co-researcher: Ongoing. Grant amount: RM 20 000.
- A New Topology segmentation algorithm For X-Ray images. FRGS Phase 2- 2013, Co-Researcher – Ongoing. Grant amount: RM 96 000.
Dental Age Assessment for Forensic Identification Using OTSU and Watershed Algorithm. International Journal of Advances in Image ProcessingTechniques. Volume 1 Issue. 2. 2014. http://seekdl.org/journal_page_papers.php?jourid=127&issueid=73 
Clinical Practice Guidelines – Management of Anterior Crossbite In The Mixed Dentition. Oral Health Division, Ministry Of Health Malaysia. 2nd Edition, June 2013.
N.Ahmad, D.Moles, S.Parekh. A study of dental development timings for permanent teeth using radiographs. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, Volume 23- Suppl.1 June 2013. ISSN 09607439
N.Ahmad, S.Parekh. Gender differences in Dental Development Timing of Permanent Teeth. Oral Presentation at 35th Asia Pacific Dental Congress, 7th- 12th May 2013. Malaysian Dental Journal Special Edition (in process of publication, www.mdj.com.my).
Nazatul Sabariah Ahmad. Root resorption of reimplanted avulsed permanent teeth: A case report. Proceeding book. 2nd MAPD Biennial Scientific Conference and Trade Exhibiton. New hieghts and overcoming adversities in managing child dento-facial trauma. 9-11th March 2013.
N.Ahmad, S.Parekh, S. Thayyil. A pilot study of development timing in primary teeth using post mortem MRI and CT scan. Conference Proceeding Book. 11th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry 2012.
Ahmad NS, Wan MN, Idaham NI. Socio-demographic and academic profile of first year dental students at Islamic Science University of Malaysia. Technical Report Series 2/2008. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia.