BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY
Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with credit in the following subjects:
- Bahasa Melayu;
- Arabic (Communication)/ Bahasa Arab Tinggi;
- Two (2) other subjects on religious studies;
- Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
and possess one of the following qualifications:
(a) Pass Tamhidi USIM (Dentistry/ Medicine/ Science and Technology) with a minimum CGPA 3.50; or
(b) Pass Sijil Pelajaran Tinggi Malaysia (STPM) with minimum of Grade C in Genaral Paper and minimum Grade C in the following subjects:
- Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics; and
- Two (2) other subjects, or
(c) Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Senate.
English is the primary medium of instruction for the BDS programme. Proficiency in English must be demonstrated through Malaysian University English Test (MUET) whereby candidates are required to achieve a minimum level of band 3.
- Sound health
- Satisfactory performance in an interview and test (if required) that are conducted by the Admission Board
The failure to declare information that has influence on the suitability of a student in the medical practice may cause the termination to continue studies because honesty, integrity and a clean bill of health are important traits for a doctor and a medical student.